Bikes Maintenance Guide & Precautions
Before riding, give your bicycle a quick but thorough lookover. Check the brakes and tyre pressure. Properly inflated tyres are easier to ride on, prevent damage to the wheel rims when hitting bumps, and reduce the chance of punctures.
If necessary, lubricate exposed moving parts of the bicycle with a light oil, such as sewing machine oil.
Do not get oil on the tyres or rims, and do not use penetrating spray oil on bearings.
Oil the following areas:
Guide by Sport Singapore
Escooters & Ebikes Maintenance Guide & Precautions
Maintaining your electric scooter and using it responsibly will allow you to maximize its lifespan, and ensure that you have a safe and an enjoyable experience while on the move. Below are some methods you could use to clean and take care of your personal mobility device, as well as some precautions that have to be taken to prevent unnecessary wear-and-tear to the device.
CAUTION: Always turn OFF the power and disconnect your personal mobility device’s power cord before attempting to perform any type of maintenance on it.
Cleaning your scooter is a delicate affair; DO NOT spray water or any other cleaning agents directly onto the scooter and DO NOT use wax, oil or other harsh cleaners.
First, dust exposed parts of the scooter with a soft, dry cloth. Next, follow up on the hard exterior with a cloth that has been slightly dampened with glass cleaner or liquid detergent (take care to avoid the seats and electrical components). The seats should be wiped with soft disinfectant wipes, while electrical components should be kept dry. After the process is done, wipe with a dry cloth to remove residual cleaning fluids again.
1. Tire threads may get worn out after long-term usage. Check them daily and replace tires that are starting to thin in order to ensure a safe journey.
2. Cover your scooter to prevent dust build-up and unnecessary exposure to the elements while in storage.
3. Moveable parts including the wheels, steering tiller and seats need to be adjusted so that the scooter functions consistently.
4. The seating cushion might cause irritation to your skin particularly after sweating heavily. Check for this before starting a long journey.
5. It is a good idea to routinely check the battery’s power level. Re-charging the battery before it gets too low will protect it from unnecessary wear. If your battery is not charging or discharging properly, you will need to replace it before your electric scooter is damaged.
1. Rainy weather should be avoided, as the electronic components may be damaged if submerged in a puddle of water. Also, streets are slippery, endangering the user if he loses control of his device.
2. Overcharging the battery could damage it and reduce its lifespan- you are advised not to leave the battery to charge overnight.
3. Battery should be placed on a hard, flat surface while charging in order to ensure optimal heat dissipation.
4. While charging, keep the battery away from all combustible materials.
Singapore's Premier Destination for an Extensive Selection of Foldable Bicycles, Trifold Bikes, E-Bikes, E-Scooters, and Cutting-Edge Gadgets. Unbeatable Prices and Comprehensive Warranty Included. Our Expert Mechanics are on Standby to Personalize Your Bike to Perfection.